Online registration has closed, don't worry though you can still sign up.
at the Great Glow Run starting at
5:00 PM on Saturday March 25th
In Union Point Park.
The Great Glow Run is a Nighttime 5K Race that draws runners of all ages and abilities to this fun, eye-catching spectacle! Participants dress in their favorite glow gear - headbands, necklaces, LED clothing, body paint, and more- and shine their brightest while creating lasting memories with family and friends. Runners navigate the glowing course with the help of LED lights while illuminated volunteers guide the way. The start and finish areas feature black lights, digital lighting effects, and energizing music. Come join us as we light the way to the finish line and raise money for Easterseals UCP.
ABOUT THE CAUSE:
- Easterseals UCP is a community-based non-profit, and lifelong partner to children, adults and families overcoming disabilities and mental health challenges. We serve as a nurse, a therapist, a social worker, a job counselor, a teacher, a psychologist, a caregiver, and a compassionate friend all rolled into one. We help people live, learn, work and play in their communities. Finally, our purpose is to help our neighbors in need achieve better days and live their best possible life.
- Kids Run Walk Ages 1-3 & 4-6 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age division gets footprint plaque
- 5K Run/Walk Male & Female: Each Age division will receive a footprint plaque for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for both Male and Female. If other gifts are donated, we will distribute accordingly
- Top Male overall prize - Weekend stay at DoubleTree New Bern
- Top Female overall prize - Weekend stay at DoubleTree Atlantic Beach
- Best Glow, Best Costume, Most Spirited, Largest Team
The first 1,000 participants are guaranteed a race shirt. Sizes include Youth S-L and Adult Unisex XS through XXXL. Along with the shirts, participants will also be receiving Glow Packets.
Glow apparel will be available for sale at the Great Glow Store on site.
DIVISION & START TIMES:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, PACKET PICKUP & ONSITE REGISTRATION:
Friday, March 24, 2017
4:00 PM: Packet Pickup and on-site registration at the DoubleTree Hotel (100 Middle St, New Bern, NC 28560)
7:00 PM: Packet Pickup
Saturday, March 25, 2017
5:00 PM: Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration Opens
7:15 PM: Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration Closes
6:30 PM: Kids Run & Walk Starts
7:45 PM: 5K Run & Walk Starts
8:45 PM: Awards Start (Time Approximate)
9:00 PM: Afterglow Party with Bryan Mayer at the Double Tree - food and beverage available
OTHER THINGS TAKING PLACE:
- There will be a Glow Store, Face Painting & Vendor Trucks