About this Event
Join us for the 5th Annual Great Glow Run on Saturday evening March 25th in Downtown New Bern, NC. This unique 5K comes complete with glow sticks & necklaces & glow-in-the-dark paint so you can light up the night as you walk or run along New Bern's historic, waterfront streets. An annual evening 5K run/walk that benefits people needing Easter Seals UCP services locally.
The Great Glow Run is a Nighttime 5K Race that draws runners of all ages and abilities to this fun, eye-catching spectacle! Participants dress in their favorite glow gear - headbands, necklaces, LED clothing, body paint, and more- and shine their brightest while creating lasting memories with family and friends. Runners navigate the glowing course with the help of LED lights while illuminated volunteers guide the way. The start and finish areas feature black lights, digital lighting effects, and energizing music. Come join us as we light the way to the finish line and raise money for Easterseals UCP.
ABOUT THE CAUSE:
- Easterseals UCP is a community-based non-profit, and lifelong partner to children, adults and families overcoming disabilities and mental health challenges. We serve as a nurse, a therapist, a social worker, a job counselor, a teacher, a psychologist, a caregiver, and a compassionate friend all rolled into one. We help people live, learn, work and play in their communities. Finally, our purpose is to help our neighbors in need achieve better days and live their best possible life.
- Kids Run Walk Ages 1-3 & 4-6 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age division gets footprint plaque
- 5K Run/Walk Male & Female: Each Age division will receive a footprint plaque for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for both Male and Female. If other gifts are donated, we will distribute accordingly
- Top Male overall - sponsored gift
- Top Female overall - sponsored gift
- Best Glow, Best Costume, Most Spirited
Participants who register by Saturday, March 4, 2017 are guaranteed a race shirt. Sizes include Youth S-L and Adult Unisex XS – XXXL. Along with the shirts, participants will also be receiving Glow Packets.
Be sure to claim your custom race swag today!
DIVISION & START TIMES:
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, PACKET PICKUP & ONSITE REGISTRATION:
Friday, March 24, 2017
4 - 7 PM - Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration
Saturday, March 25, 2017
5:00 PM: Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration Opens
7:15 PM: Packet Pickup & Onsite Registration Closes
6:30 PM: Kids Run & Walk Starts
7:45 PM: 5K Run & Walk Starts
8:45 PM: Awards Start (Time Approximate)
OTHER THINGS TAKING PLACE:
- There will be a Glow Store, Face Painting & Vendor Trucks